The end of the semester is quickly approaching! If you are planning to do get some work done over Thanksgiving Break, make sure that you know how to access the Library’s electronic resources from home. Visit the Library’s Moodle page for login information and directions (if you haven’t already, you will need to “enroll” to enter our Moodle page).
A few reminders:
- JSTOR, ARTSTOR, RHIZOME, and Stylesight require you to register for off-campus access. Please visit the Library’s Moodle page for directions.
- In addition, JSTOR, ARTSTOR, and Stylesight require you to re-activate your account every three months. For instance, if you registered for Stylesight at the beginning of this semester, you will have to re-activate soon. You can do this from the login page, but you must use an on-campus computer. Be sure to do this before you leave for Winter Break!
- Please note that Connelly Library will close Wednesday November 27 at 5pm, and re-open on Monday December 2 at 8am.
Thanksgiving. Doris Lee. 1942. Lithograph.
Courtesy Artstor and the Dallas Museum of Art.
JSTOR recently updated the registration process for remote access. To use JSTOR off campus, please follow the registration link found on Connelly Library’s Moodle page. You will need to access the registration link even if you have already registered for a MyJSTOR account:
- Login to your Moodle account
- Click on the “Campus Community” Course Category at the bottom
- Connelly Library is on the 2nd page of resources
- Click on Connelly Library and “enroll” in the course
- You will see the JSTOR Remote Access Token link at the top.
- Click on the link and follow the instructions listed:
- You will be directed to the Login/Register for MyJSTOR page.
- If you already have a MyJSTOR account, click Login to MyJSTOR under the “Already have a MyJSTOR account?” at the top. This will activate access for your existing MyJSTOR account.
- If you do not have a MyJSTOR account, complete the required fields to register a unique username and password.
- A unique email address is also required, please use your Moore email account.
- Click “Submit” to register your account. You will be redirected to the new JSTOR main page, where you may use JSTOR as usual.
- For subsequent access, you may go directly to JSTOR and select “Login” at the top of the page. You may access JSTOR via this account from any location.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: 215-965-4054 or email@example.com.
Spring Break is rapidly approaching and the library wishes you a restful or productive week, whichever is needed!
Girl with Ball (1961) by Roy Lichtenstein. Image courtesy of The Museum of Modern Art.
If you will be doing research over Break, be sure to verify that you have access to the library’s many electronic resources before you travel. ARTstor, the premier source for high-quality and hard to find digital images, and JSTOR, an excellent resource for full-text journal articles, are only accessible outside of the library with a personal account. To set up a personal account, use any of the library’s computers to visit the database’s homepage, and sign up for an account using your Moore email address.
The remainder of the library’s databases are accessible off-campus with a universal username and password. This information is available in the library and on our “Electronic Resources” brochures. If you have any questions regarding the library’s resources or your research in general, don’t hesitate to ask a staff member.
Connelly Library will maintain its normal hours of operation during Spring Break.
Happy researching and/or relaxation!