ImagineFX is a trade magazine for Science Fiction, Fantasy and Digital Artists, and it is a recent addition to the library’s collection. Published in Bath, UK by Future PLC since January 2006, each issue features FXPose galleries from readers, the latest news, reviews, step-by-step workshops and interviews from professional artists.
Issue 107 is a Manga special:
- Workshops on Manga including “Six key steps to manga magic” from Han-Yuan Yu.
- “Animate digital paintings” with Photoshop’s motion tools from Paul Tysall.
- A look at Fernando Forero’s sketchbook.
- A profile of KARAKTER, the studio behind Game of Thrones, Ryse, and Star Trek: Infinite Space.
- A 16-page section dedicate to traditional art.
Be sure to check out ImagineFX’s website for more galleries, tutorials, and videos!
Issue number 22 marks the final printing of 3×3: The Magazine of Contemporary Illustration, so we are honoring the magazine’s decade-long run as our journal of the month for November 2013. Published in the United States and distributed worldwide, 3×3‘s mission has always been to preserve and promote contemporary illustration in all its forms. Even though this is the last print issue, 3×3 will continue their mission with the juried Annual publication as well as their website, which will offer back issues, blogs, books and soon, new offerings. Be sure to come by the library to browse this issue along with back issues going back to 2006!
Number 22 Features:
- Interviews with illustrators Aad Goudappel, Harry Campbell and Beppe Giacobbe.
- The “Spotlight” section features the conceptual artists Paul Garland, Jon Krause, Jon Reinfurt, Anthony Tremmaglia, Jim Tsinganos and James Yang.
- CareerTalk speaks to the issue of artist’s rights, and a special feature will reproduce the gold medal winners of the 2013 ProShow.